11 October 2019

Day Two RA

Joni's Ladies of the Canyon makes numerous references to the garden archetype.
Do Now: What archetypes did you notice in either The Hate U Give or Lord of the Flies? Support the connection with evidence from the text.

Today's Learning Target: 
I will be able to understand why the garden archetype is so prevalent in literature and how it connects to life.
I will know that I have hit the learning target when...
-I can describe at least two different ways authors reference the garden archetype.
-I can explain how the garden is sometimes an expression of particular human longings.

Agenda:

  1. Editing/Proofreading and Reflecting
  2. Back to the Garden
  3. What is the garden archetype?
  4. Exit Ticket: How would you describe your own "garden"?
HW: Read/re-read the four texts below (hint: you already have The Book of Genesis text and Chaucer's "The Former Age"). Using language from the slide on what the garden archetype is/isn't, annotate each text with at least one way that it uses the garden archetype.
Golding and Douglass
Genesis
Chaucer's "The Former Age"

No comments:

Post a Comment