30 October 2019

Day Ten RA

If you enjoy "YGB," then try out this collection for some other spooky reads.
Do Now: Share a question or observation about "Young Goodman Brown."

Today's Learning Target: 
I will be able to describe elements of the serpent in the garden archetype and apply them to "Young Goodman Brown."
I will know that I have hit the learning target when...
-I can distinguish between the garden and serpent in the garden archetypes.
-I can locate evidence from the short story that relates to the serpent in the garden archetype.

Agenda:
  1. Hawthorne's "Young Goodman Brown"
  2. Allegory
  3. The Serpent in the Garden
  4. Preparing for a Socratic seminar
  5. Exit Ticket: Why is it appropriate to conclude the archetype unit with the serpent in the garden?
HW: For Thursday's Socratic seminar, use the handout to prepare three questions about Nathaniel Hawthorne's "Young Goodman Brown" and/or about Romance archetypes.

No comments:

Post a Comment