02 October 2019

Day Sixteen

Image result for the godfather
The Godfather: A rare case where the film might be better than the book!
Quick group community building exercise: Tell your group about a film based on a book that actually isn't so bad.

Today's Learning Target: 

I will learn what elements make up a body paragraph and draft at least one body paragraph.
I will know that I have hit the learning target when...
-I can point to the distinct elements of a body paragraph in a sample and explain the purpose of each one.
-I can describe what elements I already have in place for a body paragraph and what elements I'm missing.

Agenda:
  1. Analysis
  2. Composing Body Paragraphs
  3. Continuing Group Work
  4. Self-evaluations: what am I doing/not doing to help my group so far? Please note one contribution you're proud of and one way you might better serve your group.
HW: Thinking about the analysis strategies we looked at, revise your quotation sandwich. Make sure you are able to tell me about the strategy you used when analyzing your evidence. Also, review the writing manual (steps 3-8) for Thursday's quick quiz.

No comments:

Post a Comment