06 September 2019

Day Two

Do Now: Please take out your quotation and write-up. Share these with a neighbor.

Today's Learning Target(s): 
I will be able to locate important class resources and begin building a class community founded on respectfully sharing ideas.
I will know that I have hit the learning target when...
-I can make another connection between "In the Garden of Eden" and The Hate U Give
-I can name someone I didn't know prior to today's class.

Agenda:
  1. Course expectations questions
  2. Coming-of-age Conventions
  3. Ice-breaker with conventions
  4. Getting started on The Hate U Give
HW: 1) Find one important quotation from, 2) name one important idea from, and 3) write one question about The Hate U Give and bring it to our next class. (You may write or type these out. Just make sure I am able to view them at the start of class!)

Coming up...

The Hate U Give assignments will include:
-a vignette
-reading informational texts and a quiz
-a group essay

No comments:

Post a Comment