For fun: Here's writer Jonathan Franzen's take on "the books that changed his life."Today's Learning Target(s):
I will learn how to use a graphic organizer to help me create an argument based on evidence.
I will know that I have hit the learning target when...
-I have completed a sample graphic organizer and understood why each step was important.
-I have drafted an argument (i.e., thesis statement) using ideas and evidence from the graphic organizer.
Agenda:
- Please take out your three examples from The Hate U Give. Talk to a neighbor about how they connect to your assigned topic.
- Thesis-based essays: a Writing Manual
- Making thinking visible: why we use graphic organizers
- Graphic Organizer Practice with To Kill a Mockingbird
- Exit ticket: What is one thing you learned or view in a different way after today's class?
HW: Complete the graphic organizer using your assigned topic. Consult the sample we created if you are not sure how to proceed. Also, look over steps 1-5 in the Writing Manual. Note any questions you have.
No comments:
Post a Comment