13 September 2019

Day Six

Image result for murakami what i talk about when i talk about running
Do Now: Please read the excerpt below. In your notebook, respond to Murakami's views on rewriting and revising.


"As I write I arrange my thoughts. And rewriting and revising takes my thinking down even deeper paths. No matter how much I write, though, I never reach a conclusion. And no matter how much I rewrite, I never reach the destination."

Learning Target:
I will be able to identify the benefits of revision and make at least one revision to my vignette draft.
I will know I have hit the target when...
-I can distinguish revision from proofreading.
-I can apply at least one revision strategy to my vignette draft. 

Agenda:

  1. What is revision?
  2. Some strategies
  3. Individual/Group work time
  4. Exit Ticket: A new perspective I have on revision is...
HW: Please bring a revised version of your vignette to next class.

Coming up...
-reading informational texts
-The Hate U Give group essay

No comments:

Post a Comment