Do Now: Tell your group about a book you've read on your own that you really enjoyed.
Today's Learning Target(s):
I will be able to define evidence and recognize the qualities of good evidence.
I will know that I have hit the learning target when...
-I can name - and recognize in a sample - the two major types of evidence.
-I can choose appropriate evidence from The Hate U Give to support my thesis.
Agenda:
- Collaborating: A Game and a Reflection
- The Hate U Give thesis statement drafts
- What is evidence? What is good evidence?
- Choosing a thesis statement
- Selecting Evidence
HW: 1) Practice turning two quotations from The Hate U Give into specific examples; bring these to class (handwritten is best, but you may type).
2) Read over steps 6-11 in the writing manual and bring in one question about the material. We'll have a quiz on the writing manual next week.
2) Read over steps 6-11 in the writing manual and bring in one question about the material. We'll have a quiz on the writing manual next week.

No comments:
Post a Comment