10 September 2019

Day Four

Image result for enjoy the silence single cover
Do Now: Please take out your completed worksheet from yesterday and any questions you have about the vignette assignment.

Today's Learning Target(s):
I will be able to clarify confusing parts of a text through "silent dialogue."
I will know that I have hit the learning target when...
-I can describe the purpose or meaning behind one of the confusing episodes in the novel.
-I can use a specific part of the text to draw a reasonable conclusion about a character, an event, an image, etc.

Agenda:

  1. Questions about the vignette (and your brainstorming)
  2. Preparation for today's activity
  3. Silent Dialogue
  4. Exit Ticket: Turn to a neighbor and tell them one new thing you learned about a classmate and one new perspective you gained on The Hate U Give.
HW: Next steps for the vignette...
Please use your brainstorm (list, graphic organizer, web, etc.) to think about what elements might work best in your vignette. Make lists about things like appropriate tones and literary devices to include. Make sure I can see your ideas on paper or on your iPad!

Remember R-A-F-T:

R - your role is your most honest and creative self
A - your audience is your peers and fellow readers of The Hate U Give
F - the format is a vignette (one double-spaced page)
T - you are choosing from one of five topics

No comments:

Post a Comment