24 September 2019

Day Twelve

Why Your Kid Should Read Banned Books
"...reading banned books offers families a chance to celebrate reading and promote open access to ideas, both of which are keys to raising a lifelong reader."

Do Now: Take a look at your theme sentence. Consider how or why this idea matters in connection with your topic and ask a question about it (e.g., why does it matter that Scout's family relationships present her with conflicting views of the world?).

Today's Learning Target(s): 

I will be able to work collaboratively towards drafting a stronger thesis statement.
I will know that I have hit the learning target when...
-I can locate the strengths and needs in my and my classmates' thesis statement drafts.
-I can incorporate feedback from classmates when revising my thesis statement.

Agenda:

  1. Sample theme sentences and posters
  2. Using your poster to draft a thesis statement
  3. Group work: Revisions
  4. Exit Ticket: what is one new perspective you gained on the thesis drafting process?
HW: Keep drafting/revising your THUG thesis statement and find at least two supporting details from the text (with page numbers, of course!). Also, read over the first five steps in the writing manual and bring in any questions you have.

No comments:

Post a Comment