13 February 2020

Day 8 R&J

Image result for capulet feast
Do Now: Having finished reading act one, what challenges with Shakespeare's language have you overcome? What challenges still remain?

Today's Learning Target(s): 

I will be able to recognize and apply some reading strategies to use with Romeo and Juliet.
I will know that I have hit the learning target when...
-I can select an appropriate reading strategy to help better understand a confusing passage from act I.
-I can think about what strategies I already use and which ones I should add to my "toolbox" of reading strategies.

Agenda:
  1. Rosaline v. Juliet (in words)
  2. The hidden sonnet
  3. Big ideas addressed in the first act
  4. Exit Ticket: What is your favorite part of Act I?
HW: Read and annotate "The Ancient Greeks' Six Words for Love" article. Of the six types of love defined in the article, what are some that have shown up in Romeo and Juliet so far? Respond to the question in a 5-7 sentence paragraph that includes at least one example from the play.

No comments:

Post a Comment