| She is the fairies' midwife, and she comes In shape no bigger than an agate-stone On the fore-finger of an alderman, Drawn with a team of little atomies Athwart men's noses as they lie asleep. |
Do Now: Please read the two excerpts about imagination and talk to your group about them. Make at least one connection to your life and/or Romeo and Juliet.
Today's Learning Target(s):
I will be able to recognize and apply some reading strategies to use with Romeo and Juliet.
I will know that I have hit the learning target when...
-I can select an appropriate reading strategy to help better understand a confusing passage from I.iv.
-I can think about what strategies I already use and which ones I should add to my "toolbox" of reading strategies.
Agenda:
- literary devices
- I.iv
- film adaptation
- Exit Ticket:If the nurse's lengthy speech in I.iii revealed her gift of gab and warm feelings towards Juliet, what then does Mercutio's Queen Mab speech suggest about his character?
HW: read I.v and look for one of the following 1) a line from which you can infer what a character wants, 2) a line in which you recognize a literary device and explain what it emphasizes, or 3) a line that is either enjoyable or confusing and why. Include the line/explanation on the blog. http://reynoldsrandj.blogspot.com/
Full text of Neil Gaiman's lecture: https://readingagency.org.uk/news/blog/neil-gaiman-lecture-in-full.html
Full text of Neil Gaiman's lecture: https://readingagency.org.uk/news/blog/neil-gaiman-lecture-in-full.html
No comments:
Post a Comment