27 February 2020

Day 12 R&J

Do Now: What does it mean to do a close reading? What is the point of close reading?

Today's Learning Target(s): 

I will be able to describe how analyzing a small amount of text can shed light on big ideas in the text.
I will know that I have hit the learning target when...
-I can make a connection between a short passage from the play and a big idea.
-I can recognize an important method Shakespeare uses in a passage and explain what it emphasizes or suggests.

Agenda:
  1. Close reading (exercise with sonnet 73)
  2. Practice with Citizen Kane
  3. Passages to revisit from the first two acts of the play
  4. Exit Ticket: How does the thinking involved in close-reading relate to thinking in other subjects?
HW: Using your annotated passage and completed graphic organizer, continue drafting a thesis statement. Note at least three specific lines from your passage that you would use to support your thesis statement.

Link to the assignment sheet

No comments:

Post a Comment