24 February 2020

Day 10 R&J


Do Now: Henry James said that the purpose of fiction is "to help the human heart know itself." How does the heart "know" things (as opposed to how the mind knows things)?

Today's Learning Target(s): 

I will be able to recognize and apply some reading strategies to use with Romeo and Juliet.
I will know that I have hit the learning target when...
-I can select an appropriate reading strategy to help better understand a confusing passage from II.i-ii.
-I can think about what strategies I already use and which ones I should add to my "toolbox" of reading strategies.

Agenda:
  1. Rising action and conflicts
  2. II.i-ii (a link to an article on "The Balcony Scene")
  3. Figurative Language and Allusions
  4. Exit Ticket: What does the action so far make you think about passion vs. reason?
HW: read the rest of Act II (scenes iii-vi) and choose either 1) one line from which you can infer what a character wants, 2) one line in which you recognize a literary device and explain what it emphasizes, or 3) one line that is either enjoyable or confusing and why. Include your line and question/explanation on the blog. reynoldsrandj.blogspot.comconfusing and why. Include one line/explanation on the blog. 

No comments:

Post a Comment