06 February 2020

Day 5 R&J

Do Now: Did you use any of the strategies we covered? If so, which one did you find helpful and for what line(s)? If not, then how did you make sense of the text?

Today's Learning Target(s): 

I will be able to recognize and apply some reading strategies to use with Romeo and Juliet.
I will know that I have hit the learning target when...
-I can select an appropriate reading strategy to help better understand a confusing passage from I.i.
-I can think about what strategies I already use and which ones I should add to my "toolbox" of reading strategies.

Agenda:
  1. Reading comprehension (Full article about Tina Packer here: http://bcm.bc.edu/issues/winter_2015/features/dramatic-stress.html)
  2. I.i
  3. What characters want / conflict
  4. Exit Ticket: What are your initial reactions to reading Shakespeare?
HW: read I.ii and choose three lines you find interesting, confusing, enjoyable, etc. Explain what you think is going on in each selection and why you chose it. Post one of your lines and explanations on the blog (http://reynoldsrandj.blogspot.com/).

No comments:

Post a Comment