16 January 2020

Day Twenty-six GE

Do Now: Share a question/concern you have about the upcoming Great Expectations test with a neighbor. If possible, offer a response to this question/concern.

Today's Learning Target:
I will be able to recall the major events, characters, places, etc. from stages two and three of Great Expectations.
I will know that I have hit the learning target when...
-I can diagram events from stages two according to a plot diagram with rising action, climax, falling action and resolution.

-I can list characters and places from the novel and explain how they are interconnected. 

Agenda:
  1. Proofreading and reflecting
  2. Questions/Concerns
  3. Reviewing Stages II and III
  4. Exit Ticket: I still have questions about...
HW: Study for the test on Stages II and III of the novel (28 January). Look over the blog posts, class notes, and chapter summaries on Discovering Dickens. Also, complete the self-evaluation of your daily blog posts on Great Expectations. 

Strong Thesis Statement from the test...

Although some characters appear perfect and well-off, in reality they are unhappy and not the best of people; Dickens suggests that those who value friendship and loyalty over appearances are actually happier and better off than those who do not.

No comments:

Post a Comment