13 January 2020

Day Twenty-four GE

Do Now: Consider Great Expectations as a hero's quest. Our hero stumbled with many of his early tests and trials, but in the closing chapters, Pip begins to pass tests. How is he now able to succeed where he once failed? 

Today's Learning Target: 
I will be able to compare two works by the same author and gain an understanding of common themes and character types.
I will know that I have hit the learning target when...
-I can make connections between similar characters from the two texts.

-I can make a claim about big ideas explored in both texts and distinguish how each work deals with the big idea in a unique way.

Agenda:
  1. Chapters 53-56
  2. Character foils: Orlick and Trabb's boy
  3. Essay Revisions
  4. Preparing for the two endings of Great Expectations
HW: Read and annotate chapters 57-59 and post a comment or question. (greatexpectations9h.blogspot.com). A printed final draft of the essay is due Thursday.

On the horizon...
We will have a test on Stages 2 and 3 of Great Expectations. I'll gather survey data from you for the least disruptive time to hold the test.

No comments:

Post a Comment