Today's Learning Target(s):
I will be able to apply reading strategies for sonnets to improve my understanding of Shakespeare's writing.
I will know that I have hit the learning target when...
-I can list the criteria for a Shakespearean sonnet and explain how at least one of them can help a reader better understand the sonnet.
-I can discuss which strategies for reading the sonnet might also prove helpful when reading Romeo and Juliet.
Agenda:
- From Dickens to Shakespeare
- The Elizabethan Age
- Station to Station activity
- Exit Ticket: What do you hope to get out of reading Shakespeare?
HW: Choose one of the five stations that most interested you and research something that we did not cover or that you want to know more about. Bring in your new or nuanced idea to next class.
Please turn in your copy of Great Expectations some time this week.
Please turn in your copy of Great Expectations some time this week.
No comments:
Post a Comment