02 January 2020

Day Eighteen GE

Do Now: "Adulthood is not an age, but a state of knowledge of self." -John Fowles, The Aristos
Now that Pip has "come-of-age" (i.e., at 21, he's become an adult in the eyes of society) let's consider whether or not he has really reached adulthood. Back up your claim with an example from recent chapters (32-37).

Today's Learning Target: 
I will be able to select key events from chapters 32-38 and explain how they move the plot towards the climax and/or emphasize Pip's development.
I will know that I have hit the learning target when...
-I can list at least three key events from these chapters.
-I can explain what is emphasized about Pip's development in the latter chapters of part II.

Agenda:
  1. Chapters 32-38
  2. Key events and chapter titles
  3. Nicholas Nickleby comparison
  4. Beginning Chapter 39
HW: read and annotate chapter 39 and post a question or comment on the blog (greatexpectations9h.blogspot.com). Also, make sure you've completed steps 1-5 of the writing process for your essay (n.b., step 5 is drafting topic sentences for your two or three body paragraphs).

No comments:

Post a Comment