| Skunk cabbage has arrived |
According to onthisday.com, William Wyler's film adaptation of Emily Bronte's Wuthering Heights premiered 24 March 1939. A song to commemorate this event: Kate Bush's "Wuthering Heights" from her debut album The Kick Inside (though I've linked the remixed version from her excellent 1986 compilation The Whole Story).
A poem for today: From the "wiley, windy moors" of Wuthering Heights, we travel to Emily Dickinson's imagination for "I never saw a Moor."
I never saw a Moor--
I never saw the Sea--
Yet know I how the Heather looks
And what a Billow be.
I never saw the Sea--
Yet know I how the Heather looks
And what a Billow be.
I never spoke with God
Nor visited in Heaven--
Yet certain am I of the spot
As if the Checks were given--
Yet certain am I of the spot
As if the Checks were given--
Works Cited
Bush, Kate. "Wuthering Heights." The Whole Story, 1986, EMI Records.
Dickinson, Emily. "I never saw a Moor." www.writing.upenn.edu. http://www.writing.upenn.edu/~afilreis/88v/dickinson-chartless.html. Accessed 24 Mar. 2020.
No comments:
Post a Comment