Today's Learning Target:
I will be able to define what a motif is and identify examples of motifs in Great Expectations.
I will know that I have hit the learning target when...
-I can explain what a motif is and why authors use them.
-I can point to at least two examples of motifs in the novel and big ideas they might emphasize.
Agenda:
- Questions on 11-13
- The Wonderful World of Motifs!
- Look back over your notes on chapters 1-13. Do any of these chapters contain examples of a hands, ghosts, or chains motif? Locate a passage that you think does include one of the motifs and take note of the page number and the context.
- Exit Ticket: what big idea addressed in the novel most resonates with you?
HW: read chapters 14-17 and make at least three annotations (n.b., an annotation = a highlighted line/passage + a question / inference / prediction).
No comments:
Post a Comment