15 November 2019

Day Four GE

Joe Gargery and Pip
Do Now: Please share one of your annotations with the group. As a group, select one annotation (or idea you discussed based on a group member's annotation) to report to the class.

Today's Learning Target: 

I will be able to make a debatable claim about a character and support it with evidence from somewhere in the chapters we have read.
I will know that I have hit the learning target when...
-I can make an assertion about one of the characters so far that demonstrates inferential thinking.
-I can support my assertion with an appropriate example from the chapters we have read.

Agenda:

  1. Getting to Know the Characters
  2. Characterization and Inference
  3. Beginning the next chapter
  4. Exit Ticket: what have you found enjoyable/frustrating about the novel so far?
HW: Read chapters 5-7 and make at least three annotations (n.b., an annotation = a highlighted line/passage + a question / inference / prediction). Begin creating your Adobe Spark video (due Thursday).

No comments:

Post a Comment