19 December 2019

Day Sixteen GE

Do Now: Talk to your group about Mr. Wopsle's performance in Hamlet. How does he judge his own performance? How does Wopsle's attitude here relate to Pip's? What about the episode with Trabb's boy? Pip is on a roll with getting people fired! What gives?

Today's Learning Target: 
I will be able to define subtext and apply my understanding of it to a passage from Great Expectations.
I will know that I have hit the learning target when...
-I can explain what subtext is and how I can uncover it in a text.
-I can choose a passage that includes subtext and make a claim about what is implied.

Agenda:
  1. Chapters 30-31
  2. Writing Process: From Thesis Statement to Gathering Evidence
  3. Exit Ticket: What is one archetype unit connection you can make to Great Expectations?
HW: read and annotate chapters 32-33 and post a question or comment on the class blog (greatexpectations9h.blogspot.com). 

No comments:

Post a Comment