I will be able to consider what valid outside resources can help me better understand a poet's work.
I will know that I have hit the learning target when...
-I can locate at least three credible sources for biographical information and/or critical commentary on poetry.
-I can explain how knowing about a poet's life can help me approach his/her work from a new perspective.
Resources for your poetry project include:
https://poets.org/
https://www.poetryfoundation.org/
http://www.modernamericanpoetry.org/poetry/poets
https://archive.org/details/nationalemergencylibrary
Most Important (Make Sure to Include)
-where your poet is from/grew up and when he/she was most actively writing
-major influences on your poet's ideas and writing style (these could be other writers or thinkers, but they could also be events or ideas)
-information about how your poet's work has evolved or remained consistent over the course of his/her career
-quotations from or about your poet that discuss approaches to writing or particular subjects
Least Important (Consider Avoiding)
-schools your poet attended or taught at or received honorary degrees from
-awards your poet has received
-information about your poet's favorite pet or type of car
No comments:
Post a Comment